Fiber laser cutting gas and pressure selection instructions
Published:2020-02-24 Browse:14Editor in charge:DNE Laser (Member of Bystronic)
Different cutting gases are selected according to the material of the plate during the fiber laser cutting machine is cutting. The choice of gas and pressure has a great influence on the quality of fiber laser cutting machine.
Influence of cutting gas and pressure on cutting quality
1) The cutting gas is helpful for heat dissipation and combustion, and blows off the melting stains, to obtain a better quality cutting section.
2) When the pressure of the cutting gas is insufficient, there will be following impacts on the cutting quality: melting stains are generated during cutting, and the cutting speed cannot meet the need of production efficiency.
3) When the pressure of the cutting gas is too high, the impacts on the cutting quality: the cutting surface is rough and the cutting kerf is wide; at the same time, it will cause the cutting section to melt partially and fail to form a good cutting section.
Influence of cutting gas pressure on perforation
1) When the gas pressure is too low, it is not easy to use laser to penetrate the cutting plate, and the drilling time increases, resulting in low productivity.
2) When the gas pressure is too high, the penetration point will be melted and a larger melting point is formed, which affects the cutting quality.
3) When using laser drilling, higher gas pressure is generally used for punching holes in thin plates, and special punching method is used for punching holes in thick plates, to eliminate the adverse factors caused by low air pressure to protect the lens.
4) When the laser cutting machine cuts ordinary carbon steel, the thicker the material, the lower the pressure of the cutting gas is required. However, when cutting stainless steel, the cutting gas pressure relatively increases with the thickness of the material. In short, the choice of cutting gas and pressure must be adjusted according to the actual situation during cutting. And different cutting parameters must be selected according to the specific situation.