How to judge whether the laser cutting speed is too fast or too slow?
Published:2021-03-03 Browse:3Editor in charge:DNE Laser (Member of Bystronic)
The power of the laser will affect the cutting speed of the laser cutting machine, and the cutting speed of the laser equipment will affect the cutting quality of the sheet. Under certain conditions of laser power, there is an optimal range of cutting speed. Too fast or too slow will affect the surface flatness of the cutting material.
Cutting speed is too fast
1. The laser beam and the material contact each other for a short time, which may cause failure to cut and sparks;
2. Some areas can be cut off, but some areas cannot be cut off;
3. Cause delamination of the entire cutting section;
4. As a result, the plate cannot be cut in time, the cutting section shows an oblique streak road, and slag is generated in the lower half.
Cutting speed is too slow
1. The interaction time between the material and the laser increases, which causes the cutting plate to be over-melted and the cutting section is rough;
2. The cutting seam will widen accordingly, causing over-burning in the small rounded or sharp corners, and the ideal cutting effect will not be obtained;
3. Low cutting efficiency affects production capacity.
Cutting speed judgment method
1. Reasonable cutting speed: cutting sparks spread from top to bottom, the cutting surface is stable, and there is no slag at the bottom;
2. Cutting speed is too fast: cutting sparks are inclined;
3. Cutting speed is too slow: cutting sparks appear non-spread and less, and condensed together.